Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Biomass steam generator

1. Feb 12, 2008 #1
    Please help me, this is urgent. Anyone who has a sample of design and construction of a cocoshell feed steam generator? or site/s where i can find complete data in the design of the said steam generator?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2008 #2
    I think you need to add a little more detail to your question.

Are you trying to burn a fuel to make heat for the production of steam?

4. Mar 25, 2008 #3
    It all depends on what you have in mind. If you are just trying to make steam, then build a coco shell fire and put a pot on it. The water boils to make steam. If you wish to convert this steam to electricity this is a little more complicated and dangerous. You will need to let the steam build up pressure, which requires stronger materials that won't rupture at high pressure. The steam pressure is released to drive the turbine, which will generate electricity. This cools the steam. To make it all more green friendly, one needs to recycle the water to lower your total energy and water requirements. If it was me I would google "used wood fired" steam generator. Then I would try to substitute coco shells for wood. The design parameters should be close.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?