1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Biotechnology or Pharmaceuticals

1. Sep 24, 2008 #1
    So I am planning on furthering my knowledge by doing a Masters Program in about 2 to 3 years. This would be a Course bade Masters program in the Biotechnology/Biochemistry field. I have been noticing though, that most students that are accepted into the program have very strong and various non-academia related talents and hobbies.

I have hobbies of my own but my problem is that I do not have all the time to do them when I want or to volunteer with various groups and organizations. I am currently in a Biotechnology/Biochemistry undergrad program that has some time consuming courses. One of these would probably be as I said in my other thread Analytical Chemistry.

My school also offers majors like Molecular biology or just biology/Chemistry/Management (I enjoy business), etc.

I was just wondering if I could get some advice as to what I should do? What would some of you do in this position? Continue with the biotechnology undergrad program and probably not develop some good non-academia related skills or the other way around.

By the way, this might not be all that important but the Masters program wants students who are fluent in Molecular Biology and Protein Chemistry only. Thus I do not know how important an analytical chemistry course would be to them other than to develop some good chemistry lab skills.

Thanks everyone.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted