Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bird flu, real threat or not?

1. Nov 1, 2005 #1

You can bet this has been posted before, but I didn't see any threads. If not we can discuss it here.

I am wondering about this, it looks bad but is it?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2005 #2
    Hmm.. in my opinion.. it will kill the young and the old and then the pregnant.

Otherwise if you are "healthy" you take in all 20 Aminos you bodybuild or do karate or something, you most likely will be able to live through it.

However, since it is stronger, it will provide a threat. To think about it, within the past few years I've caughten the flu more than any of time in my life.. hmm..
  4. Nov 1, 2005 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's a fairly lengthy thread in the Politics and World Affairs forum. https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=88806 I know, it's probably the last place you considered looking for it, but this topic really spans both biology and politics. We have discussed the biology side of it within that thread, along with the political issues, so it's probably best to just continue discussing it there rather than starting up a new thread here, which will probably require a lot of redundant information.

So, I'm going to lock this thread. If you visit the other thread and find it is not what you had in mind to discuss, please send me a PM and I can unlock this one again for you to be more specific about issues you wish to discuss related to bird flu.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?