Birds talk about the afterlife

• Thread starter PIT2
  • Start date
Ryan Reynolds is a psittalinguist — a person who interprets budgie-speak. Since 1999, he has invested thousands of hours slowing down and deconstructing recordings of his beloved budgie, Victor, who died five years ago at the young age of 3, as well as other talking budgies.

Victor had a vocabulary of 1,000 words, which he used in context, Reynolds says. So what are budgies saying?

"This is going to sound crazy, but they talk about spiritual things: God, the afterlife, a better world for them," Reynolds says.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...le&cid=1142941149417&call_pageid=970599119419
Birds never cease to amaze me!

Answers and Replies

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
PIT2 said:
Birds never cease to amaze me!
Funny -- crackpots never cease to amaze me.

- Warren

They ceased to amaze me some time ago. I don't know what chroot sees in them...

rachmaninoff2 said:
They ceased to amaze me some time ago. I don't know what chroot sees in them...
They have the most amazing resistance to change you can possibly imagine. If we could engineer a material as impossible to alter amazing things might be done. I don't understand why the military doesn't use crackpots as projectiles when shooting at tanks and such.

zoobyshoe said:
I don't understand why the military doesn't use crackpots as projectiles when shooting at tanks and such.
There working on it.Apperntly a Crackpot theorist says you can break the laws of physics using your mind.Will since crackpots are the only ones who belive in crackpottery there using them do stuff such shooting them to go faster then speed light and turn pure energy to destroy tanks,insurgents etc.

zoobyshoe said:
I don't understand why the military doesn't use crackpots as projectiles when shooting at tanks and such.
It's hard to aim a projectile which is wearing antigravity bracelets.

scott1 said:
There working on it.Apperntly a Crackpot theorist says you can break the laws of physics using your mind.Will since crackpots are the only ones who belive in crackpottery there using them do stuff such shooting them to go faster then speed light and turn pure energy to destroy tanks,insurgents etc.
rachmaninoff2 said:
It's hard to aim a projectile which is wearing antigravity bracelets.
ROFL!!!!!!

Thanks, guys. I so needed some good chuckles!!!

Sounds cool to me. It's about time we took to a deeper understanding of our universe around us instead of just ourselves and our supposed all knowing, all powerful intellect.

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Birds talk dirty to each other, I know that much. Pretty much all birdsong is designed to attract mates. I definitely agree with goodpasture on one thing. We can learn from these birds, to give the intellect a rest and get back down to doing what life was meant to do.

He repeatedly tested N'kisi, a captive African Grey parrot who seemed to respond telepathically to the thoughts and intentions of his owner, Aimee Morgana. He wanted to find out whether the bird would use words matching randomly chosen pictures Morgana was looking at in another room.

"These findings are consistent with the hypotheses that N'kisi was reacting telepathically to Aimee's mental activity," Sheldrake reports on his website (http://www.sheldrake.org) [Broken].

"The fact that these experiments statistically prove that N'kisi's use of speech is not random also give evidence of his sentience and intentional use of language."
They need to get these two to Randi ASAP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Talking to his budgie...is that what guys are calling it nowadays? :rolleyes: :blushing:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Talk is cheep.

*sorry*

Math Is Hard said:
Talk is cheep.

*sorry*
Lol... You need a pic of tweety bird to go along with that joke.