Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Birthday present for boyfriend. Help needed A.S.A.P.

1. May 23, 2012 #1
    It is my boyfriend's 18th birthday next Wednesday and I am struggling to think of what to get him. He says that he doesn't need anymore Xbox points at the moment as he has plenty, he doesn't want clothing, so the Sheldon Cooper t-shirt is out of the question too, I have also sent an email to the university he has applied to and asked for a reading list but they said don't buy any books till August as it may change and the books required to read will depend on the options he chooses. So now, I am really struggling and I want it to be something nice.

I've already got him a photo keyring from when I went on holiday a few months back and he likes that, he just now needs a photo but he can't find one, and plus I can't remember the size photo required so I can't choose one for him.

The area of physics he is most interested in is nuclear, if this helps.

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2012 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF!

Hi BethanAM! Welcome to PF! :smile:

He's going away to university, and you're looking for things that remind you of him? :rolleyes:

Give him something that reminds him of you!! :!!)​

4. May 23, 2012 #3
    I have a good idea that takes care of both of his interests; nuclear physics and keyrings.

You can buy keyrings with tritium in them that glows so you can find your keys in the dark.

5. May 23, 2012 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. May 23, 2012 #5
    How about a vacuum insulated stainless steel thermos mug. Get one that fits into a cup holder. Have it engraved with something sweet. Put your name under that.

7. May 23, 2012 #6

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  8. May 23, 2012 #7
    Perfume, wallet, half sleeves shirt with jeans or dress pant, admission form for martial arts gym (after all he has to protect you and himself :rofl::approve:)

9. May 24, 2012 #8

drizzle

Gold Member

How about a silver ring engraved with something like… 'I'm watching you' :biggrin:

10. May 24, 2012 #9

turbo

Gold Member

Traser H3 Tritium watches are nice. I love mine, and I bought one for my father when his old watch died. He loves it!

11. May 24, 2012 #10
    What - nobody gives or receives monogramed pens anymore - that used to be a staple present to give to someone, so they could sign their signature with quality ink and pen on important documents. A possession that you could call your own that nobody else had, given to you from someone where mutual reciprical respect and admiration are of prime importance. A possesion that woud last a lifetime and bring back memories of the days long lost but not forgotten. ( thickly laid on )

Last edited: May 24, 2012
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook