Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bitcoin supporters

1. Nov 4, 2015 #1
    How many of you support that alternate currency? Do you have some bitcoins and if yes do you spend it?

Personally i have few coins and im waiting to get on right price. It is investing for me.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2015 #2
    I think it's interesting, but right now I wouldn't touch it. Too many scams in the news.

4. Nov 4, 2015 #3
    Literally everyone I've ever spoken to who knows anything about investment or finance has nothing but horrible things to say about bitcoin. This includes my economics professor, my uncle who's rich from investments, and a few internet friends who've proven they know their stuff. I don't even ask about it half the time. They just tell me stories about how dumb it is for funsies. It's a joke to them.

5. Nov 4, 2015 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Those two statements directly contradict each other and that's a big problem for Bitcoin. With no basis for a value either as an investment or a currency, it is pretty much impossible for it to become either, but certainly not if people can't pick one and stick with it.

6. Nov 4, 2015 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Enough said about bitcoin.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook