Bitjumper's Amazing Swimming Pool to Pond Conversion

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pond
In summary, bitjumper converted his old swimming pool into a beautiful pond. He did a really great job and the end result is really beautiful.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Well, my friend bitjumper has an article about him In Better Homes and Gardens about a conversion he did from a plain old swimming pool to a beautiful pond. (Yeah he's the one that invited me to Germany :grumpy: )

Anyway, what he did was truly gutsy and turned out beautifully. Here are a couple of pictures from the article. This is where his swimming pool used to be.

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/6039/title2page9un.jpg [Broken]

page52pu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I love his ponds. Does he have real koi swimming in them?

If I made my own pond I would have to have some cattails surrounding it.:approve:

I'd much rather have the pool. :yuck:

- Warren

Math Is Hard said:
I love his ponds. Does he have real koi swimming in them?
Yes, he does.

If I made my own pond I would have to have some cattails surrounding it.:approve:
Oh cattails would be good. There are cattails up and down my street along the runoffs and the ponds.

Very nice! :tongue2: I like ponds, and the plants and flowers.

Maybe a pond that you can swim in would be better.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Maybe a pond that you can swim in would be better.
We have a pool, and a pond. The pond would be good for you.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. One of my favorite movies :rofl:

that looks gorgeous. bitjumper was that friend you brought on here? its familiar..

thats really awesome though. i love ponds. when i grow up... man, I'm such a little kid aren't i? but when i grow up, i want one in our yard. probably a bit bigger, and one that can freeze over in winter to ice skate on. that'd be fun!

Gale said:
that looks gorgeous. bitjumper was that friend you brought on here? its familiar..
I introduced him and tribdog was mean to him.

thats really awesome though. i love ponds. when i grow up... man, I'm such a little kid aren't i? but when i grow up, i want one in our yard. probably a bit bigger, and one that can freeze over in winter to ice skate on. that'd be fun!
Me too.

Bitjumper, come back! :cry: We muzzled Tribdog. It's safe now, I swear!

I'm here, I'm here. I just happened to find this thread on Google. And what do you know? You're all talking about me.

Here's my pond (3 places to look)

www.kilk.com/pond[/URL]
[PLAIN]www.kilk.com/erik/gallery/outdoors/bhg/[/URL]
[PLAIN]www.kilk.com/erik/gallery/outdoors/pond05/[/URL]

Bitjumper

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweeeeet. :biggrin:

Very cool garden and pond. :cool:

Welcome back bitjumper.

Oh I just love that pond!

It's gorgeous! What a way to transform a backyard into a tranquil retreat! (Though, I'm in agreement with those who would have voted to have a pond you could still swim in.)

How big is Bitjumper? and is he coming to England any time soon?

Great looking pond, nice job!

mattmns said:
Great looking pond, nice job!

Well peyto did better, may be we should give a star for trying :smile:

1. How does the conversion process work?

The conversion process involves draining the swimming pool of all water and removing the liner or tiles. The sides and bottom of the pool are then reinforced and lined with a waterproof material to prevent water from seeping into the ground. A filtration system is installed to maintain water quality, and plants and rocks are added to create a natural pond environment.

2. Will the converted pond require maintenance?

Yes, the converted pond will require regular maintenance, similar to any other pond. This includes cleaning the filtration system, removing debris, and monitoring the water quality. However, the maintenance required for a natural pond is significantly less than that of a traditional swimming pool.

3. Can fish and other aquatic animals be added to the converted pond?

Yes, fish and other aquatic animals can be added to the pond. However, it is important to research which species are suitable for the size and conditions of the pond. It is also important to properly introduce and acclimate the animals to the pond to ensure their survival.

4. Will the converted pond attract insects and pests?

Like any other body of water, the converted pond may attract insects and pests. However, by incorporating a variety of plants and maintaining the water quality, the pond can attract beneficial insects and limit the presence of pests. Additionally, adding fish and other animals can help control insect populations.

5. Can the converted pond be converted back into a swimming pool?

Yes, it is possible to convert the pond back into a swimming pool. However, this process may be more extensive and costly compared to the initial conversion. It is important to consult with a professional and carefully consider the decision to convert back to a swimming pool.