Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bittersweet Staff Change

1. Nov 21, 2005 #1
    Kerrie, a PF original, has resigned her post in philosophy which she held for nearly four years. Her dedication and efforts on PF were far beyond the call of duty. Kerrie is a person who helped transform PF from out of the dark ages and into what we see today. I can't say enough how fantastic of a person she is and I know I speak for everyone here. Anyone who has been helped by Kerrie or even just had a nice chat with her please send her a PM or email expressing your thanks. It is very rare to see someone so dedicated for so long to a cause and a goal. :approve:

On a more cheerful note, the staff and I have choosen loseyourname to pick up the slack. Please congratulate loseyourname on his promotion! His hazing will comense shortly :biggrin:
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 21, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Vanesch and I have already eagerly handed over the mop and bucket to loseyourname. :biggrin: Ooh, when do we start the paddling? :devil:
  4. Nov 21, 2005 #3

Gold Member

Thanks, Kerrie, for your patience and dedication. :smile:

Congratulations, loseyourname!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I suspected last night that I'd see loseyourname's name up there soon. :approve:
  5. Nov 21, 2005 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The Oregon Mentors had a gathering and I can tell you that Kerrie is even more wonderful in person than in cyberspace. She will be missed.

Maybe we can expect her back in about eighteen years? :biggrin:

And we heartily welcome LYN to the staff - a great addition indeed!
  6. Nov 21, 2005 #5

Staff: Mentor

Thanks Kerrie, and do pop in to PF every now and then.

And - congratulations to loseyourname!
  7. Nov 21, 2005 #6

Staff: Mentor

Kerrie was wonderful to work with, but the baby is a handful. Visit often Kerrie!!!! We know you can't stay away too long!

YAY!!! Loseyourname is our new mentor, and much deserved!
  8. Nov 21, 2005 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Congratulations LYN...What a perfect fit for this position :smile:

I will certainly stay on as a member, but my main focus is on my little one now. Being on the board for the last 4 years was something I was very proud of. And the fact that I have met a lot of wonderful people has made my experience even better. :smile:
  9. Nov 21, 2005 #8

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

We are expecting you to groom the youngest PF Mentor ever as fast as possible. Return back as soon as you can, both of you.

The younger the mentor for the Strings&Branes forum, the better! :smile:
  10. Nov 21, 2005 #9
    Congrats. I guess it is time to make good on those campaign promises. Just don't ban Smurf and I for too long.
  11. Nov 21, 2005 #10

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about those. Was that good timing or what? I didn't even know that Kerrie was going to resign. Unfortunately, since mentors are not subject to re-election, I regret to inform you that I never had any intention of keeping my promises. Unless of course you seriously want to join Townsend in permanent never never land.
  12. Nov 24, 2005 #11
    LYN...congrats!!!!!!! the banner looks so nice on you!

might I add, good choice team!
  13. Nov 27, 2005 #12

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

LYN is a fine choice. I liked his style even before he became famous.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?