1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

BJT biasing circuits

1. Nov 23, 2006 #1
    We've base biased circuit, voltage divider, emitter bias, and collector feed back bias...I'm looking for resources, to compare those 4 types, what are the advantages of each type, why is it used, and where...

I know BJT's work in amplifiers, but i need more detail concerning those different biasing circuits.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2006 #2
    This sounds like a homework question. We will not be doing your homework for you. If you've covered all of the above mentioned schemes in lab/class then wasn't it covered why each one is used or were you sleeping through that part? When I was in school for electronics those biasing schemes were covered and part of the lecture was which one was used where, and why.

4. Nov 23, 2006 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Moved to homework forums.

Wanderer, what is the class that you're taking (what level, what title, what subject matter)? What learning resources do you have so far? What is your textbook. As supernova says, you need to show us your work and thinking so far in order for us to help you.

5. Nov 24, 2006 #4
    No text book, that part was not covered, i've no resources, it's not homework, i'm having an electronic devices class, diodes, and transistors...That's why i'm asking, it's nothing i know of yet, just some titles.

I'm studying nuclear engineering, we used to have 2 courses, electronic circuits and digital circuits, but now we've all in one, covering the devices we may use, we are not getting deeper into this.

6. Nov 24, 2006 #5

berkeman

You might try wikipedia.org as a starting point. Look up transistors and amplifiers and diodes and such -- there are reasonable introductions to subjects like that at wiki.

7. Nov 25, 2006 #6
    I've tried that, there's nothing i need there, i want to learn more about the BJT biasing circuits, those 4 types, specifically i thought i asked for that.

I don't need introductions for transistors and diodes, i need the answer of a specific question, i've searched the internet for what i wanted, but i didn't get enough.

So, thx for the help anyway!

8. Nov 26, 2006 #7

berkeman

Okay. I googled bjt bias circuit and got lots of great hits. Here's one of the first ones:

http://engr.astate.edu/jdg/Electronics/Lab1/09TransistorBiasing.html

If googling bjt bias circuit doesn't work for you, what other learning resources do you have available? When I was in school, there was a textbook that went with each class. If you are learning this all on your own, maybe folks can recommend good textbooks for you to check out in your local technical library.

9. Nov 27, 2006 #8
    Well, i asked the professor, she thinks we only need to know how to make our calculations, which isn't enough.

So that's why i was looking for more details, i found something in a nearby used book store today, i'm working on it...

Thx.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?