1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

BJT transistor Characteristics

1. Sep 26, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

hello guys I have an assignment to "Explain six transistor characteristic curves using the construction and operation of BJTs"

I searched all over internet but couldn't find any article relevant.(i found lot of articles about characteristic curves but none of them explained the characteristic curves using BJT construction)

so please could you guys help me with this.I want an explanation of characteristic sing BJT's construction"

Thanks,Hope you guys help me soon:redface:

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2008 #2

Defennder

Homework Helper

First you have to make clear what "curves" you're talking about. There's an IC vs VBE and IC vs VCE for the Ic ones alone. Replace Ic with Ib and you've got another two more graphs. So unless you specify what is meant by the "six transistor characteristic curves", I don't know how to help you.

4. Sep 26, 2008 #3
    oh i forgot, its input (Ib- Vbe)and output(Ic -Vce )characteristic curves.
    thanks for quick reply

5. Sep 26, 2008 #4
    you will get everything you want reg. BJTs and their characteristics in Millman and Halkias text book. please refer..

6. Sep 26, 2008 #5
    what is the name of the book

7. Sep 26, 2008 #6

Defennder

Homework Helper

Yeah I agree it's too much to explain here, if you're looking for an explanation right down to the level of semiconductor physics of reverse-bias and forward bias across the BC and BE pn junctions. Your question is basically "How exactly does a BJT work?". Just pick up a textbook on this. I used Semiconductor Physics and Devices 3rd Edn by Donald Neamen

8. Sep 26, 2008 #7
    Integrated electronics by millman & halkais
    (or)
    micro electronics by sedra and smith.

9. Mar 17, 2011 #8
    thank you all

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?