Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Black hole entropy

1. Jul 20, 2004 #1
    If a large number of pions decay into photon pairs which travel in opposite directions, and one member of each pair travels to a fixed point in space,
    a black hole would form at the fixed point in space.Since the photon polarizations are coupled, I could get information about the microstates in the black hole
    by measuring the polarization angles of the photons that are outside the black hole.
    And by placing a number of polarizing filters in a line, for each photon travelling outside the black hole, with one photomultiplier per photon to detect each photon, I could gain information on the microstates in the black hole at different periods in time.So I would know more about a black hole than just its total spin,mass and charge.But would this technique work for black holes that are not formed from large numbers of photons emitted by pions?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted