Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Black holes and leptones

1. Mar 19, 2004 #1
    A very small particle is parted in two smaller particles; one positive and one negative. Is it possible that the rise of mass of the two particles gets more and more proportional to the rise of the two particle surface the smaller the two particles get?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 19, 2004 #2
    You're saying that an electron is actually made of two smaller particles. What's your basis for this?

Since no-one has ever measured the surface area of an electron (or any particles that might make it up) it could turn out that you are completely correct, however I'm still a little unconvinced.

Also what do you mean more and more proportional, one thing is either proportional to another or it isn't.

4. Mar 20, 2004 #3
    Lol, More or less.

5. Mar 20, 2004 #4
    If the surface area raises x procent (for really small particles that is), does the mass to?

Cause then you could calculate the size of the smallest particle existing. Also their charge possibly.

cause that must be true for really small black holes. Cant a really small compact particle be considered such? They have relatively strong fields.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2004
  6. Mar 20, 2004 #5
    Positive and negative what?

Why should the sum of the mass of the particles be greater than the mass of the original particle?

How exactly do you define the "surface area" of a small particle?

cookiemonster

7. Mar 20, 2004 #6
    Particles gains mass when they are seperated (Ep = mc2)

8. Mar 20, 2004 #7
    I admit that I'm not familiar with the particle physics, but E = mc^2 isn't going to convince me that particles magically cut in half gain mass.

cookiemonster

9. Mar 20, 2004 #8
    But they do!

A mesone is cracked into two quarks, and in the crack they gain mass equall to the potential energy gained

10. Mar 20, 2004 #9
    I'll take your word for it.

Now how do you define the surface area of a particle?

cookiemonster

11. Mar 20, 2004 #10
    Within which light cannot escape. Really close to the particles center of gravity.

Some photones gets reflected when they hit glass

12. Mar 20, 2004 #11
    So you're asserting that the densities of small particles is constant.

cookiemonster

13. Mar 20, 2004 #12
    For really small particles yes.

14. Mar 20, 2004 #13
    Which quickly leads to an assertion that everything is made out of the same stuff.

Why and how?

cookiemonster

15. Mar 20, 2004 #14
  16. Mar 20, 2004 #15
    Well why didn't you just say that in the first place?

cookiemonster

17. Mar 20, 2004 #16
    Oh, that's an old page, i should update it.

18. Mar 20, 2004 #17
    The thing is, if (A/a)p = (M/m)p for extremely dense objects as leptones, such can easily be found.

Cause leptones are centers of mass

19. Mar 20, 2004 #18
    Yeah, and if the universe were made of monads of with mass exactly 10^-1000 kg and they magically arranged themselves in midair in front of my eyes in a pattern that said "We are monads and we have mass 10^-1000 kg," such could easily be found. What's your point?

cookiemonster

20. Mar 20, 2004 #19
    If we are made of monads, then we are not safe.

If its true for black holes, it should be true for leptones.

21. Mar 20, 2004 #20
    Leptones are charged black holes, that cannot lose there charge, cause they are the charges. "The charge is held back by the strong force".

This is just a guess.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?