Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Black-Holes & the M-Theory - A Question

1. Jun 18, 2009 #1
    First and foremost, I would like to say that I have no actual training in astronomy or cosmology, so bear with me as I'm pretty much just a hobby reader in both fields. :wink:

A few days ago, I think I read something here along the lines of the possibility of new universes being created (hypothetically) via black-holes; the extremely dense point at the 'bottom' of a black-hole tunnels through space-time and then, through some sort of quantum fluctuation, expands in a much similar way to the Big Bang that our own universe experienced.

My question relates to the size of this hypothetical new universe; would the size of it not depend on the amount of material that the black-hole originally sucked from its own surroundings?

My apologies if the answer is blatantly obvious or it has been answered a million times before - it's just something that's been puzzling me for a while. Thanks for any information! :approve:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted