Black Holes & Time Warps and "Interstellar"

• Thread starter aabottom
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I recently saw "Interstellar", a pretty good movie with well done depictions of worm holes and black holes. This inspired me to dig out my book on black holes (thinking it was written by John Wheeler). I've had the book for years and had read the first couple hundred pages about 10 years ago.

It turns out that it was written by Kip Thorne (Black Holes and Time Warps: Einstein's Outrageous Legacy), the scientific consultant and an executive producer of the movie, "Interstellar". I wound up reading the whole book over again, finally finishing the whole book.

I highly recommend both the movie and the book.

Answers and Replies

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
I recently saw "Interstellar", a pretty good movie with well done depictions of worm holes and black holes. This inspired me to dig out my book on black holes (thinking it was written by John Wheeler). I've had the book for years and had read the first couple hundred pages about 10 years ago.

It turns out that it was written by Kip Thorne (Black Holes and Time Warps: Einstein's Outrageous Legacy), the scientific consultant and an executive producer of the movie, "Interstellar". I wound up reading the whole book over again, finally finishing the whole book.

I highly recommend both the movie and the book.
There is a BIG thread on the movie already here on the forum, discussing both the movie and the science. When making posts such as this, it's a good idea to do a forum search first.