Unconventional View of Black Holes: Dimensionless Places of Extreme Gravity

In summary, the speaker shares their ideas about black holes and questions whether their concept of a flat, dimensionless black hole makes sense. They also mention having visions about black holes and suggest learning more about the fundamentals before speculating further.
eggman
Hi I am new and would like to share some ideas..

...I read a lot about QM...

recently I had a series of visions..

I imagined that a Black Hole was actually flat...

in other words it was not a giant swirling tornadoe of gravity
as the pictures depict...

but simply a 'place' of extreme gravity..

...a black holes has no depth to it ...

it is dimensionless in my imagination.

it seems to be simply an event...it has no other side to it

Is this idea correct..or does it make no sense?

Physics news on Phys.org
...kinda like...if U fall into one...

U will go nowhere .

Black holes lead nowhere (?)

I suggest you start learning about the fundamentals of black holes before speculating about this kind of thing. You might try a more pointed question (or a search of the archives) in the Relativity forum.

1) What exactly is an unconventional view of black holes?

An unconventional view of black holes refers to the interpretation of black holes as dimensionless points of extreme gravity, rather than the commonly accepted notion of a black hole as a singular object with a defined event horizon.

2) How do dimensionless places of extreme gravity differ from traditional black holes?

Dimensionless places of extreme gravity are thought to be infinitely dense points with no defined boundary, whereas traditional black holes are believed to have a singularity at their center and a defined event horizon.

3) What evidence supports the idea of black holes as dimensionless places of extreme gravity?

There are several pieces of evidence that support this unconventional view of black holes. This includes the observed gravitational lensing effect on light, the extreme tidal forces near the event horizon, and the fact that black holes appear to have no measurable size or shape.

4) How does the concept of dimensionless places of extreme gravity impact our understanding of the universe?

The unconventional view of black holes challenges our current understanding of gravity and the behavior of matter. It also raises questions about the ultimate fate of matter that falls into a black hole and the possibility of other dimensionless points of extreme gravity in the universe.

5) Are there any potential applications or implications of this unconventional view of black holes?

While the concept of dimensionless places of extreme gravity is still a theoretical idea, it could have implications for our understanding of the behavior of matter in extreme environments. It could also lead to new insights and developments in the field of astrophysics and the study of gravity.