Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Black holes

1. Dec 30, 2014 #1
    any1 who knows about black holes and their details..tell me about it plz

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2014 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Welcome to the forum.

This is MUCH too broad a question for you to expect an answer. Please do a forum search. Black holes are discussed here VERY frequently. When you have a specific question, you can post it in the appropriate subforum.

4. Dec 30, 2014 #3
    i have been reading about them but i should know their basics so plz just tell me about its basics.

5. Dec 30, 2014 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

If you have been reading about them, you should KNOW the basics. Please do a forum search. If you have a specific question about black holes ("please tell me the basics" is not a specific question) then post it in the appropriate forum, NOT here in the introduction section.

6. Nov 26, 2015 #5
    The cool thing about black holes they can pull in light yet not gamma rays or anti matter because of the spin, charge or wave length maybe all the above.

VY Canis Majoris shedding 40
    https://www.eso.org/public/news/eso1546/
    every year, VY Canis Majoris sees 30 times the mass of the Earth expelled from its surface in the form of dust and gas. This cloud of material is pushed outwards before the star explodes,

since this star is 4,800 light years away and we are seeing this now whos not to say it already exploded

The future of VY Canis Majoris

But this is just an example for what black holes can do. I think gamma ray bursts can travel faster then light to not be effected by a black holes gravity.

7. Nov 26, 2015 #6
    This is not the place to have this discussion. This area of PF is for introductions only. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook