Welcome Engineer Designing a 30 W Brushless DC Motor

In summary, a new member named manjula88 is seeking help with designing a brushless DC motor of 30 W power with an input voltage of 13.5 V. Another member named Ron suggests a link to a forum that has detailed explanations and pictures on electric motor design and construction. However, manjula88 is unable to access the specific thread and asks for assistance.
manjula88

Hi to everyone :-) I'm new to this forum.
I'm an engineer working in a core field. I need to design brush less dc motor of 30 W power, Inout voltage-13.5 V. I'm struck in winding design . Could anyone help?

Likes zand10000
Engineering news on Phys.org
manjula88 said:

Hi to everyone :-) I'm new to this forum.
I'm an engineer working in a core field. I need to design brush less dc motor of 30 W power, Inout voltage-13.5 V. I'm struck in winding design . Could anyone help?

Hi manjula88,

Here is a link that I think will give you everything you need, go to, "electric motor design and construction", within those threads you will find at least 3 people that have advanced the development of three phase brush-less motors to the point that, brush-less electric power is the most common first choice.
You might become a member to better gain access to the full features of the site.

Pictures and detailed explanations for what you are asking.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php

Hope this helps you.

Ron

P.S. Welcome to PF

tahnks RON ll look into the link and come back to you :-)

hi RON, couldn't get "electric motor design and construction" this thread. :-(

manjula88 said:
hi RON, couldn't get "electric motor design and construction" this thread. :-(

I'm not sure why, maybe there is some filter that blocks the site ?

This is direct to the section on electric motor design.

http://www.rcgroups.com/electric-motor-design-and-construction-361/

If you can't open it, someone else will need to assist.

Ron

1. What is a Brushless DC Motor?

A Brushless DC (BLDC) Motor is an electric motor that uses electronic commutation to control the speed and direction of the motor. It does not have brushes or a commutator like a traditional DC motor, making it more efficient and reliable.

2. How does a Brushless DC Motor work?

A BLDC Motor works by using a series of permanent magnets on the rotor and a series of electromagnets on the stator. The electromagnets are powered by an electronic control system, which switches the electromagnets on and off in a specific sequence to create rotation.

3. What are the advantages of using a Brushless DC Motor?

Some advantages of using a BLDC Motor include higher efficiency, longer lifespan, and more precise speed and torque control. They also produce less noise and require less maintenance compared to traditional DC motors.

4. What are some common applications of Brushless DC Motors?

BLDC Motors are used in a wide range of applications, including electric vehicles, drones, industrial machinery, and household appliances. They are also commonly used in robotics, medical equipment, and HVAC systems.

5. What factors should be considered when designing a 30 W Brushless DC Motor?

When designing a 30 W BLDC Motor, factors such as the required torque, speed, and power, as well as the type of load and operating environment, should be considered. Other important considerations include the choice of materials, cooling method, and control system design.