Blech, the post new thread window looks awful

• Thread starter Matt Jacques
  • Start date
In summary: The inconsistency seems to be a design choice to make the typing experience similar to Microsoft Word.- He also mentions two other remarks, one about the inconsistent behavior of the thread title pop-up and the other about an unknown equation in the upper right corner.- The conversation then shifts to a discussion about Microsoft Word and its interface being extended onto forums, with Warren defending the application and suggesting a contest to figure out the meaning of the equation.- In summary, the conversation revolves around an inconsistency in the new theme, with some additional remarks and a discussion about Microsoft Word and an unknown equation.
Matt Jacques
Why would you have this inconsistency in the new theme? This brown box I am typing in looks awkward.

Physics news on Phys.org
..brown? box?..

Matt Jacques said:
Why would you have this inconsistency in the new theme? This brown box I am typing in looks awkward.

I don't think it looks awful, it's ment to feel like your typing into MS Word, people should feel comfortable with the look.

Microsoft Word is a horrible, bloated application and extending its interface onto these wonderful forums feels wrong. It's no biggie, I just wanted to point out the inconsistency.

I have two more remarks, I noticed sometimes when I hover my mouse over thread titles a summary of the thread pops up, but it doesn't always work?

Secondly, what is the equation in the upper right corner?

Matt Jacques said:
Microsoft Word is a horrible, bloated application and extending its interface onto these wonderful forums feels wrong. It's no biggie, I just wanted to point out the inconsistency.

I have two more remarks, I noticed sometimes when I hover my mouse over thread titles a summary of the thread pops up, but it doesn't always work?

Secondly, what is the equation in the upper right corner?

Well personally I think it needs to stand out, if I used the same blue coloring it would be too drowned out. Also MS Word is the best word processor, you can dislike MS all you want but it's true.

The summary should popup everytime. I'm unsure why it is flakely with you.

Not sure what the equation is myself, just looked good :smile:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Not sure what the equation is myself, just looked good :smile:
We should make a contest, the one who figures out the right application or meaning of the equation get an honorary title :wink:

You can select to use the simple editor, versus the advanced editor, in your user control panel.

- Warren

What is the reason behind the "awful" appearance of the post new thread window in Blech?

The design of the post new thread window in Blech is intentionally minimalistic and streamlined to provide a clutter-free and user-friendly experience for the user. This design choice may not appeal to everyone, but it allows for a more efficient and focused writing process.

Can the appearance of the post new thread window in Blech be customized?

Yes, the appearance of the post new thread window in Blech can be customized through the user's settings. Users can choose from a variety of color schemes and layout options to personalize their experience.

Does the "awful" appearance of the post new thread window affect its functionality?

No, the appearance of the post new thread window in Blech does not affect its functionality. It is designed to be simple and intuitive for users to navigate and use, regardless of its appearance.

Are there any benefits to the minimalistic design of the post new thread window in Blech?

Yes, the minimalistic design of the post new thread window in Blech allows for faster loading times and a more streamlined writing experience. It also reduces visual distractions, making it easier for users to focus on their writing.

Will the appearance of the post new thread window in Blech be updated in the future?

Our team is constantly working on improving the user experience in Blech, and that includes regularly updating the design of the post new thread window. However, any changes made will still prioritize a simple and efficient writing experience for our users.