Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Blech, the post new thread window looks awful

1. Mar 27, 2004 #1
    Why would you have this inconsistency in the new theme? This brown box Im typing in looks awkward.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2004 #2

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

..brown? box?..

4. Mar 27, 2004 #3
    I don't think it looks awful, it's ment to feel like your typing into MS Word, people should feel comfortable with the look.

5. Mar 27, 2004 #4
    Microsoft Word is a horrible, bloated application and extending its interface onto these wonderful forums feels wrong. It's no biggie, I just wanted to point out the inconsistency.

I have two more remarks, I noticed sometimes when I hover my mouse over thread titles a summary of the thread pops up, but it doesn't always work?

Secondly, what is the equation in the upper right corner?

6. Mar 27, 2004 #5
    Well personally I think it needs to stand out, if I used the same blue coloring it would be too drowned out. Also MS Word is the best word processor, you can dislike MS all you want but it's true.

The summary should popup everytime. I'm unsure why it is flakely with you.

Not sure what the equation is myself, just looked good :smile:

7. Mar 27, 2004 #6

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We should make a contest, the one who figures out the right application or meaning of the equation get an honorary title :wink:

8. Mar 27, 2004 #7

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You can select to use the simple editor, versus the advanced editor, in your user control panel.

- Warren

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?