Blind man

1. blind man+ new prob :)

2 blind man each holding 3 pairs of newly bought socks of different colours (red, green ,blue). They bumped into each other and the socks fell to the ground. Find a way to help they get their socks back. as in a pair of each colour. :rofl:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. arildno

arildno 12,015
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Be a helpful (seeing) person..

4. Gokul43201

Gokul43201 11,141
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Surely, they can identify their socks by smell. :wink:

5. have them wip out their pocket pc with speaking color scanner and scan the socks
    but why would two random blind people want to make pairs of socks...

6. are all the socks made from the same stuff and of the same size, i mean is there any other way to distinguish them besides on the basis of their color?

7. arildno

arildno 12,015
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Sure:
    The 1.man has silk socks, while the other has only wool socks.

8. in that case, i don't think there would be much trouble for the two blind men.

9. in that case, i don't think there would be much trouble for the two blind men. so you can stop thinking about this problem. :rofl:

10. Shouldn't the two men have had their socks balled together so that they don't get separated? Just a thought.

11. marcus

marcus 24,547
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2014 Award

Wait, gokul. this only gets the socks back to the original owner. it does not pair them by color

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  12. Gokul43201

Gokul43201 11,141
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I thought the question was to find a way to help them get their socks back...

13. Would this be a clue?
    I saw a van one day with a notice on the rear saying ' No Hand Signals-Blind Man Driving this Vehicle'

The van belonged to a firm which fitted blinds to shop windows.

Saw it with my own eyes.

14. since socks come in pair, pick up a pair, open the packaging and divide among them.
    in the end they should both have a pair of each colour

15. Gokul43201

Gokul43201 11,141
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Surely, the 'newly bought' part wasn't in before... :devil:

16. marcus

marcus 24,547
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2014 Award

yes i think the "newly bought" appeared today
    with devious riddlers we will learn to print out the riddle

17. lol sorry my mistake ;p

18. Gokul43201

Gokul43201 11,141
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

it's cool ! :smile:

19. to amend for my mistake in the previous mistake i'll throw in another teaser for ya :)

3 lamps are in a room on the second floor. the switches to the individual lamps are on the on the 1st. from the 1st floor you cannot see the 2nd floor.
    how are you going to tell which switch controls which lamp? you can only go to the 2nd floor once!

20. lamps do gets hot don't they?

21. Gokul43201

Gokul43201 11,141
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

dibilo,

post new puzzles in new thread...don't add on to existing threads. This makes it easier to retrieve a puzzle from the thread title.

Tenali, the lamps are water cooled, and by the time you run upstairs to touch them, they're cold !

Sorry dibilo, looks like your teaser's been solved.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?