Pole Identification Using Block Diagram Reduction

In summary, The conversation is about a person seeking help with a technical assignment. They are trying to find poles from a closed loop transfer function using block diagram reduction method. However, they are stuck and unsure how to remove the summation point. They also mention posting in a specific section for Electrical Engineering and apologize for any inconvenience. Another person offers to move the post to the appropriate section and promises to find a mentor to help.
Hraabo
Hello I hope someone can help me, as i am kinda stuck for the moment.
As you can see, the assignment states that I need to find the poles from the closed loop transfer function.

I plan on doing so, by using block diagram reduction method.

This is as fare as I've come, and can't come further, even though I am pretty sure that it is possible. The summation point confuses me, how do I remove it? I could remove the feedback loop, but the summation point would still be there, or am I wrong?

Any help would be nice.

Physics news on Phys.org
@Hraabo,
There is a section here specially for EE. It may be better to post it there.

Is that so? Maybe Someone Can Move the post then?

And Sorry for the trouble

Likes WWGD
No problem, I told a mentor, he should be having a look at it soon.

Bump - No help? :S

1. What is a block diagram?

A block diagram is a visual representation of a system or process that uses blocks to represent individual components and their connections. It is commonly used in engineering and science to illustrate complex systems and their relationships.

2. What is block diagram manipulation?

Block diagram manipulation is the process of rearranging and simplifying a block diagram to better understand the system or process it represents. This can involve combining blocks, removing unnecessary components, or identifying feedback loops.

3. Why is block diagram manipulation important?

Block diagram manipulation is important because it allows scientists and engineers to analyze and optimize complex systems. By simplifying and rearranging the diagram, it becomes easier to identify key components and their interactions, and make improvements or corrections as needed.

4. What are some common techniques for block diagram manipulation?

Some common techniques for block diagram manipulation include algebraic manipulation, signal flow graphs, and Mason's gain formula. These techniques can help simplify the diagram and reveal important relationships between components.

5. Can block diagram manipulation be used in different fields of science?

Yes, block diagram manipulation can be used in a variety of fields, including engineering, physics, biology, and economics. It is a versatile tool for analyzing complex systems and can be applied to different types of diagrams, such as control systems, electronic circuits, and biochemical pathways.