What is the Well-Known Feedback Expression for Block Diagram Manipulation?

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with finding the poles from a closed loop transfer function. They plan on using the block diagram reduction method but are stuck on how to remove the summation point in the feedback loop. Another person provides a hint to use a well-known feedback expression to combine the feedback loop with the forward block.
Hraabo
Hello I hope someone can help me, as i am kinda stuck for the moment.
As you can see, the assignment states that I need to find the poles from the closed loop transfer function.

I plan on doing so, by using block diagram reduction method.

This is as fare as I've come, and can't come further, even though I am pretty sure that it is possible. The summation point confuses me, how do I remove it? I could remove the feedback loop, but the summation point would still be there, or am I wrong?

Any help would be nice.

Physics news on Phys.org
[Moved from a technical forum. No template.]

You must not "remove" the feedback loop but instead combine it with the forward block (2s).
This part of the system is nothing else than a local feedback loop which can be replaced by one single block (using the well-known feedback expressions).

LvW said:
using the well-known feedback expressions
@Hraabo , there is your hint. What well-known feedback expression did he mean?

1. What is a block diagram?

A block diagram is a graphical representation of a system or process, using blocks to represent individual components and lines to show their connections and interactions.

2. Why is block diagram manipulation important?

Block diagram manipulation is important because it allows scientists and engineers to analyze and understand complex systems, identify potential issues or improvements, and design new systems or processes.

3. What are the basic rules of block diagram manipulation?

The basic rules of block diagram manipulation include the commutative, associative, and distributive properties, as well as the rules for combining blocks in series and parallel.

4. How can block diagram manipulation be used in real-world applications?

Block diagram manipulation has a wide range of applications, including in the fields of control systems, signal processing, and communication networks. It can be used to design and optimize systems, troubleshoot issues, and improve overall performance.

5. Are there any software tools available for block diagram manipulation?

Yes, there are many software tools available for block diagram manipulation, such as MATLAB, Simulink, and LabVIEW. These tools allow for easy creation, manipulation, and simulation of block diagrams for various applications.