Troubleshooting LaTeX Graphics in PF Blogs

In summary, it seems that there are issues with using LaTex in blogs on the PF platform. Although some users have suggested using itex instead, others have reported that it doesn't work either. Additionally, it appears that LaTex is also not available in private messages. This may be due to concerns about server load and the potential for incorrect math to be published.
murshid_islam
does LaTex work in the blogs in PF? it is not working in my blog? i tried the following:
[tex]e^{i\pi} + 1 = 0[/tex]

but it doesn't show on the blog. it says: "LaTex graphics is being generated. Reload this page in a moment." but it doesn't work even after i reload.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
can anybody help?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it does, but try itex, that one may work instead.

Hello,
i have a difficult ( for me ) problem : i have download FEYNMF and i draw teh Feynman diagrams but WITHOUT label (example mu , nu , Z, e-, e+, etc.etc.) . Help , thanks

Gib Z said:
I don't think it does, but try itex, that one may work instead.
itex doesn't work either. :grumpy:

LaTeX in private messages?

It appears that [tex]\LaTeX[/tex] isn't available in private messages, as well.
I just tried to send a PM with [tex]\LaTeX[/tex] to myself (in the hope that I could use it as a [tex]\LaTeX[/tex] preview).
No luck. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:smile: I'm okay now. :frown: :cry: :cry: :cry:

robphy said:
I just tried to send a PM with [tex]\LaTeX[/tex] to myself (in the hope that I could use it as a [tex]\LaTeX[/tex] preview).
No luck. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
can one really send PM to himself/herself?

Try and see.

ranger said:

What a pity. It would be so nice to make some note as you go along and learn more about physics. But then I can imagine two reasons why it is not available:
  1. too much load on the server,
  2. danger that too much wrong math gets published.
Given the size of blogs, I don't think (1) could be a problem.

Harald.​

1. Why aren't my LaTeX graphics showing up in my PF blog?

There could be several reasons for this. First, make sure you have the correct code for inserting the graphic. The syntax should be \includegraphics{filename} and the graphic file should be in the same directory as your blog post. Additionally, check if you have the necessary packages loaded, such as graphicx. Another common issue is that the graphic file may not be compatible with LaTeX. Try converting it to a different format, such as JPG or PNG, and see if that works.

2. How can I resize my LaTeX graphics in my PF blog?

To resize your graphic, you can use the \includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{filename} command. This will make the graphic as wide as the text on your page. You can also specify a specific width, such as \includegraphics[width=0.5\textwidth]{filename} to make it half the width of the text. Alternatively, you can use \scalebox{scale factor}{\includegraphics{filename}} to resize the graphic by a certain scale factor. Experiment with these options to find the size that works best for your blog post.

3. My LaTeX graphics are blurry in my PF blog. How can I improve the quality?

This could be due to the resolution of your graphic file. Try using a higher resolution image, or converting the image to a vector format such as PDF, to improve the quality. You can also try using the adjustbox package and its resolution option to adjust the resolution of your graphic within the \includegraphics command.

4. How can I add captions and labels to my LaTeX graphics in my PF blog?

To add a caption, you can use the \caption{caption text} command after the \includegraphics command. This will add a caption below the graphic. To add a label, use the \label{label name} command, also after the \includegraphics command. You can then reference the label in your text using the \ref{label name} command. Make sure to use the \centering command before the \includegraphics command to center the graphic and caption.

5. My LaTeX graphics are not aligned with my text in my PF blog. How can I fix this?

To align your graphic with your text, make sure you are including it within the same paragraph as the text. If you want to align it differently, you can use the \begin{figure}[alignment] and \end{figure} commands around your \includegraphics command. The alignment options include h for here, t for top, b for bottom, and p for page. You can also use the \centering command to center the graphic within the figure environment.