Think Before Blogging: Career & Academic Risks

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Apply
In summary: Just last month, someone my older daughter worked with got turned in for their blog by a jealous co-worker and got fired.Bloggers Need Not ApplyThe content of the blog may be less worrisome than the fact of the blog itself. Any place that thinks like this is somewhere I don't want to work. I don't think all blogs are necessarily bad. No one is what I call a superman. I call a superman that individual that employers are hoping to find in their applicants. Undoubtedly they possesses qualities no one possesses. You know the type: "knows X, Y, Z, W technologies, self starter, bubbly personality". Uh, yeah
Yowzah! What just happened with the formatting?

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's probably those pesky Pentagonians who have found a way into PF. :frown:

verty said:
I don't think I would have signed that.
It's a condition of employment. If you don't sign, you don't get hired.

Out of dozens of people that I know that switched companies, I'm only aware of one company that filed a suit against an employee that moved.

Moridin said:
One can still copyright material, removing it from public domain, thus making it illegal to copy, print or redistribute it, depending on what license one uses. If you get fired and the employer uses prints for evidence, sue him :tongue:
That won't prevent them from reading the material and forming opinions, and that's where the harm lies.

ZapperZ said:
Yowzah! What just happened with the formatting?

Zz.
That was really weird. :bugeye:

I just noticed that posts 33, 34, and 35 are missing, and #31 and #32 have some weird border (looks like columns) on the left side.

I had responded to Evo's comments about background checks. Oh, oh! :uhh:

Astronuc said:
I just noticed that posts 33, 34, and 35 are missing, and #31 and #32 have some weird border (looks like columns) on the left side.

I had responded to Evo's comments about background checks. Oh, oh! :uhh:
I should be able to view any deleted posts, but they just aren't there anymore. :bugeye:

Did someone post something that Big Brother didn't want seen? Are there any members missing? :uhh:

edit: Did I mention I LIKE Big Brother?

Last edited:
Evo said:
I should be able to view any deleted posts, but they just aren't there anymore. :bugeye:
They weren't deleted, they just disappeared - perhaps a corrupted file or db entry.

I think Post #33 is Zz - and part of it seems to be there.

Evo post was #34 and my response was #35

Last edited:
Nope, its Zapper's Pentagonians who bear the blame.

Astronuc said:
I suspect those columns are posts 33, 34 and 35! Well, it may not be obvious, but I'm sure they're hidden in there somewhere...maybe it helps if you know how to read between the lines.

Gokul43201 said:
I suspect those columns are posts 33, 34 and 35! Well, it may not be obvious, but I'm sure they're hidden in there somewhere...maybe it helps if you know how to read between the lines.

Wow that's really quite quantum, how can we be sure that the state we have observed reflects the true nature of the other posts?

Gokul43201 said:
:rofl:

Astronuc, I couldn't have made post #33 because I wasn't online during that time period.

Evo said:
:rofl:

Astronuc, I couldn't have made post #33 because I wasn't online during that time period.
No. Zz is #33, and part of it is there surrounding #32.

Evo, I think you were #34 and it vanished - along with #35.

Under my posts, I found - https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=1233436#post1233436 made at 10:24 am.

The telecommunications industry, like defense-related aerospace and nuclear industries, subject employees to more rigorous scrutiny than most industries. This is because of the nature of the...

but it does not exist in the thread. So the posts do exist, but are not linked through the database.

Last edited: