Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Blondes have more brunettes

1. 10%

7 vote(s)
  2. 20%

3 vote(s)
  3. 30%

7 vote(s)
  4. 50%

1 vote(s)
  5. 70%

2 vote(s)
  1. Jun 13, 2006 #1
    What percentage of woman blondes are true blondes?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2006 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think it depends on what you consider a "true blonde". Women with light brown hair are sometimes called "dark blondes".
  4. Jun 14, 2006 #3

Gold Member

And i find real true blondes quite inteligent ,the same for raven dark haired
    women, it is all the in betweens that are dumb, ouch,:smile:
  5. Jun 14, 2006 #4
    Had to vote for 30%. There are so many fakes out there...
  6. Jun 14, 2006 #5
    It's the fakes that give blondes a bad name, all that peroxide addles the brain. (I have to say that because so many relatives are blonde.)
  7. Jun 14, 2006 #6

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I don't see to many fakes down here.

There are quite a few, but no more than 30% are fake. Depends on the area I guess. I would assume Los Angeles is filled with fakes.
  8. Jun 14, 2006 #7

Gold Member

After the first couple of dozen slaps, I quit trying to check.
  9. Jun 14, 2006 #8

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What I don't understand is why we all got confused where Tribdog had gone when you arrived...
  10. Jun 14, 2006 #9
    According to wikipedia 1.8% of the world's population is blonde. I would think that would mean the percentage of fake blondes would be quite high. However, there are no numbers on regional blonde percentages, so I'm not sure.
  11. Jun 14, 2006 #10
    The definition is lot stickier than most people think. In the first place, an awful lot of people everyone would agree are natural blondes dye their hair anyway to get a richer shade. A lot of brunettes do that, too.

In the second place, it changes. I was quite blonde (and naturally so) until I was about 18. Even then, since my hair was well below my shoulders, it would bleach (without help, thank you) until most if it was clearly blonde. I cut it quite short when I graduated college, and it was clearly light brown at best after that. They used to call that shade "dirty blonde".

Anyone who started dying thier hair before it darkened would probably stick to the same shade and still consider themselves a "natural blonde".
  12. Jun 15, 2006 #11
    Are you talking about hair-color or brain capacity?
  13. Jun 15, 2006 #12
    My daughter died her blonde hair dark but gave up when I accused her of trying to create artificial intelligence.
  14. Jun 16, 2006 #13

Homework Helper

Hahahahahha, funny :rofl:
  15. Jun 16, 2006 #14

Gold Member

How would you know?
  16. Jun 17, 2006 #15
    eyebrows are a dead giveaway to colored hair
    as is the rug not matching the drapes [if you get lucky]

does the 1.8% number count kids born blond who change later in life?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?