1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Blood Temperature Question

1. Nov 25, 2007 #1
    Blood can carry excess energy from the interior to the surface of the body, where the energy is dispersed in a number of ways. While a person is exercising, 0.671 kg of blood flows to the surface of the body and releases 1860 J of energy. The blood arriving at the surface has the temperature of the body interior, 37.0 °C. Assuming that blood has the same specific heat capacity as water, determine the temperature in degrees Celsius of the blood that leaves the surface and returns to the interior.

From the equation:

I get the change in temperature. Since I am given initial temperature all I need to do is take the change in temperature and add the initial temperature:

(change)TEMP = Tf-Ti

I'am not getting the right final temp.
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 26, 2007 #2

Shooting Star

Homework Helper

The blood at the surface of the body has lower temp. Are you taking the positive value of delta_t and subtracting it from 37?
  4. Nov 26, 2007 #3
    Thanks problem solved.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?