Blood transfusions--from CHIMPS?! Yesterday I was watching a documentary about the close relationship between chimps and humans. I was appalled to hear the narrator explain the relationship of chimps and humans to be so close that humans could take blood transfusions from chimps. They gave a public survey and found that 25% (including Jane Goodall[sp?]) said that they wouldn't mind at all. The other 75% said no. I would too. How about you? Wouldn't blood transfusions from different genuses result in complications? Even if the animal, like a chimp, has only a 1% genetic difference from human DNA? Obviously, that 1% is significant.