Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Blues Thread

1. May 9, 2008 #1
    Hey everyone,

So, I saw from another thread a couple people like blues. Anyone else? If so who do you like? Whose your favourite? Are you going to see anyone good? Ever seen anyone legendary play live, tell us about it. I personally love elmore james, muddy waters, john lee hooker, freddie king, stevie ray vaughan and kenny wayne shepherd just to name a few.

By the way are there any fellow guitarists on here?

_muddy_

2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2008 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I've seen Muddy Waters, B B King, and Lightnin' Hopkins.

4. May 10, 2008 #3
    John Lee Hooker and Stevie Ray Vaughan. They're the only ones I have listened to much.
    Oh and Tom Waits and Nick Cave if they count.

5. May 10, 2008 #4
    don't forget canned heat, "night life, night life and women done got the best of me. i had a lota money one time but whiskey n' women, they tore it down"

6. May 10, 2008 #5
    Saw Eric Clapton at the albert hall a few years ago which was pretty amazing, I'd definitely go see him again. Play guitar myself and I do dabble in blues a bit, definitely one of my preferred styles of music to play.

7. May 10, 2008 #6
    I really love the blues, I don't think I can really name a favorite artist yet as I am only just now starting explore the genre more. I play guitar but admittedly pretty poorly.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?