1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Blunt form factor?

  1. Mar 6, 2016 #1
    Hi there - a very simple question.

    On Wikipedia, it is stated that for the drag equation to be accurate, "the objects must have a blunt form factor and the fluid must have a large enough Reynolds number to produce turbulence behind the object".

    My question is what is a 'blunt form factor'? I have not been able to find an answer by googling, so it's possible it is known as something else.

    Thanks in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted