1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1. Jan 29, 2009 #1
    I am currently going to Wentworth Institute of Technology (WIT) in the BMET (mechanical engineering technology) program. However I was original in the BELM (electomechanical engineering) program. I switched because I really did not enjoy the electrical side of the program. But I now find myself in a program that is second to BSME and from what I found the start pay is less and it takes 4 more years to become a PE. I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation before. I believe that I can “upgrade my degree from a BMET to a BSME but I am not sure how to. In the past I’ve asked my school but WIT is not the best a student service (switching programs was a huge pain) who ever I ask at the school tells me to asks some other person and then that person doesn’t know either it’s just a big run around. I recently sent an e-mail to the head of my department and I’m waiting to hear back. I have also been told the main difference between the two programs is the calculus. But I’ve taken calculus 1-3 and I will be taking differential equations. And I was also told it was to do with calculus based physics which I took when I was still in the BELM program. Has anyone gone through this process of “upgrading” there degree? Any advice? is it worth it?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted