Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

BNP votes

1. Apr 23, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2006 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

and Americans are the crazy ones?

4. Apr 23, 2006 #3

wolram

Gold Member

5. Apr 23, 2006 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

What the government is doing there is unacceptable in a free and democratic society. Everyone should be allowed to have an opinion and the government shouldn't be pushing opinions on people. They really should have expected this. Keep the government and activists seperate, all your doing is giving these nazi's the possibility of crying that the government is opressing them (what irony if they do!) or whatever crap they'll want to say. Let the people decide whos right and whos nuts.

6. Apr 23, 2006 #5

wolram

Gold Member

I guess if these groups are isolated (cells) things are not to bad yet, but if
    they are organized europe wide, things are all ready bad.

7. Apr 23, 2006 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Well I've always believed that if your message is that insane, any organizational structure is futile...

I hope....

8. Apr 25, 2006 #7
    The BNP will never gain any series seats in the houses of parliament, everyone knows they are a bunch of Nazis with little or no honest message, who lie, twist facts and general use even more abhorent tactics than the other parties to corrupt the truth and persuade the gulible into voting for them.

I wouldn't worry too much, most UK citizens are neither bigoted or stupid enough to take anything they say seriously, and as always protest votes are a major factor in their suport, most people are just using a right wing vote to protest against a left wing government, or at least claiming they will; when it comes to an election the chances of them making any significiant inroads to parliament seats are as always slim to very slim.

I would welcome more Islamics into this country if they would replace the bigots who both run and vote for this party with a clear conscience.

Back in the 60's in less tolerant times the prevalent anti race message found on hostelries everywhere was no blacks, no Jews, no Irish add muslims and that's basically their manifesto in a nutshell.

I can understand about the Irish though, bunch of hooligans :wink: :smile:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  9. Apr 25, 2006 #8

wolram

Gold Member

The thing that worries me is that i hear people in their 70s/80s who experienced WW2, saying they would vote for the BNP , yes as a protest
    vote, but there must some thing very wrong in england, europe for
    people to even consider this option.

10. Apr 25, 2006 #9

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I suspect that a large number of Europeans, like many in the US, are disaffected by the political system and the process, and my feel a loss of control over their lives - perhaps its much the same for those in their 70's and 80's. Some probably see parallels in the War on Terrorisim and the run up to WWII.

So Woolie - run for local council, or even better, run for MP or PM, in the spirit of Douglas Adams or Alan Bennett.

Hey, I'll run for Leader of the Free World, then Premier of the Solar System, then Emperor of the Galaxy, and then Master of the Universe. Muahahahahaaaaa. :cool: :rolleyes: :uhh: o:) :biggrin: :tongue2:

Maybe it's time we got back in the trees. Leaving the trees has caused a lot of problems, and digital watches and green pieces of paper really didn't help the situation.

11. Apr 25, 2006 #10

wolram

Gold Member

The leader of the universe living in a tree sounds good to me.

12. Apr 25, 2006 #11

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Yggdrasill, aka Mímameiðr or Lérað.

I'll be in Asgard (Ásgarðr) :biggrin:

13. Apr 25, 2006 #12

Art

The BNP want to completely stop immigration into the UK. This is a policy a lot of folk in Britain support. Unfortunately the xenophobic british press has been feeding such prejudices for years as derogatory articles about 'damned foreigners' sells papers so in the absence of any sensible debate about immigration bigotry prevails.

14. Apr 25, 2006 #13

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How does relaxed immigration help the UK ? Does it have the kind of low-pop. growth problem that Germany has ? And what would tightening up immigration (imposing stricter constraints on who can immigrate) do to its economy (of course, there is likely to be many PoVs) ?

15. Apr 25, 2006 #14

Art

Yes the UK has an aging poulation with the baby boomers now approaching retirement age and a huge hole in the gov't pension plan fund.

Personally I support a controlled immigration policy based on the host country's needs as opposed to the BNP's zero immigration policy.

Because immigration is a potential minefield politicians have avoided serious debate for years allowing the press to take advantage of people's 'natural' prejudices to demonise all immigrants.

The vast majority of legal immigrants are law abiding (crime surveys show more so than their adopted country's own citizens) and contribute greatly to their host country's economies - many of the UK's public services couldn't function without them - but unfortunately the only immigrants who receive publicity are those that transgress.

That is not to say that there are not some serious problems regarding current immigration although the legal immigrants unfortunately get swept up in generalisations which include asylum seekers which is where the real abuse of the system takes place.

16. Apr 26, 2006 #15

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I guess the accidental release of the thousand-odd deportees by the Home Dept. didn't help the matter much.

17. Apr 27, 2006 #16
    As a matter of interest I believe immigration in the UK is almost exactly equal to emmigration and has been this way for many years.

18. Apr 27, 2006 #17

Art

Immigration has outstripped emigration for the UK since 1993. Net legal immigration to the UK for 2005 was 255,000. There were of course a large but unknown number of illegal immigrants too.

http://www.optimumpopulation.org/opt.more.ukpoptable.html

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?