RIP Bo Diddley: King of Rock n' Roll Dead at 79

• Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date
In summary, Bo Diddley was an American musician and songwriter who pioneered rock and roll music with his unique guitar playing style and influential songs such as "Bo Diddley" and "I'm a Man". He passed away in 2008 at the age of 79 from heart failure. Some of his most famous songs include "Bo Diddley", "Who Do You Love?", "I'm a Man", and "Mona". He contributed to the development of rock and roll music by incorporating rhythm and blues, gospel, and African music into his songs and influencing other artists. His legacy is his significant impact on the genre and he has been honored with a spot in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and numerous awards. His
Jimmy Snyder
Sad news.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24933262/"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
that's such bad new. About ruined my day. Oh well R.I.P Bo Diddley

Another pioneer gone. These guys that lived and performed at the cusp of the blues and rock movement were far more influential than is generally acknowledged.

Bum, ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum bum
Bum-ba-da-dum-ba-da-dum-ba-da-da-dum bum

Imagine. Coming up with that!

R.I.P. Bo Diddley.

1. Who was Bo Diddley?

Bo Diddley, born Ellas Otha Bates, was an American musician and songwriter who is considered one of the pioneers of rock and roll music. He was known for his unique guitar playing style and his influential songs such as "Bo Diddley" and "I'm a Man".

2. How did Bo Diddley die?

Bo Diddley passed away on June 2, 2008 at the age of 79. He died of heart failure at his home in Archer, Florida.

3. What are some of Bo Diddley's most famous songs?

Some of Bo Diddley's most famous songs include "Bo Diddley", "Who Do You Love?", "I'm a Man", and "Mona". He also had a significant influence on other artists and his music has been covered by many musicians.

4. How did Bo Diddley contribute to the development of rock and roll music?

Bo Diddley's unique style of guitar playing, which involved using the tremolo effect and playing repetitive rhythms, had a major impact on the development of rock and roll music. He also incorporated elements of rhythm and blues, gospel, and African music into his songs, influencing other musicians and shaping the sound of rock and roll.

5. What is Bo Diddley's legacy?

Bo Diddley's legacy is his significant contribution to the development of rock and roll music. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987 and received numerous awards and accolades throughout his career. His music continues to be influential and his songs have been covered by artists from various genres.