Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bob lazar.com

1. Mar 5, 2006 #1
    cool website even if it is BS (or is it?):bugeye: . Used to be closed, open again.

http://www.boblazar.com

Any comments on the specs for element 115? Interesting that he chose that one and it hasn't been created yet. Coincidence?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2006 #2
    How do you access it?

4. Mar 5, 2006 #3
    actually, 115 has been created. it lasted roughtly .9 seconds. that's pretty stable for such a big atom.
    password and username are on the front page.

5. Mar 5, 2006 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Lazar's story does not stand up to scrutiny. How did they - the government - manage to remove his picture from twenty year old Cal Tech college year books, as Lazar asserts must be true.

My theory is that Lazar cleaned the toilets at area 51, and since then he has exploited his few bits of genuine knowledge about the base. It seems that he was able to sneak a reporter into classified areas, and he was able to describe the cafeteria, but AFAIK, nothing else about his stories checks out. He also makes insane statements about physics.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  6. Mar 5, 2006 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

IIRC, he has one pay stub from the government for about $600 dollars. Now, from what I know as a contractor who has done work for the defense department, the sort of people who might be used to reverse engineer alien technology would make $600 in about two or three hours.

7. Mar 6, 2006 #6
    He probably does not have any advanced degrees from MIT or CalTech, but does he have any degrees in physics or engineering from anywhere? Because he does seem to have some engineering background having read about his life totally outside of the area-51 story. Of course he could have totally picked it up on his own over the years.

8. Mar 6, 2006 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The problem is that he says that he got his degree from Cal Tech, but clearly he never went there. At the least, he can't produce one class photo, one friend, one professor, nor a degree, and he isn't found in any of the school records including year books. At the least there should be a blank spot for him.

He sounds to me like someone who is self taught. He gets the easy 10% right and the rest is nonsense.

9. Mar 6, 2006 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh yes, if he is lying about his college background then why should we believe any of the rest? Ten to one says that much of the rest of his story fails to check out as well.

He tells a good story - good enough to have completely duped the Nevada reporter who broke this story - and I do believe that he has been to Area 51; that is, unless the reporter [forget his name right now] was part of the scam. I don't tend to think the reporter is lying, but obviously that's another possibility.

How about this: Delusions of grandeur hence "too smart to go to school", self taught but third rate at best, craving recognition, and being a bright guy with a vivid imagination, he creates this entire story. Maybe he even began to believe it himself.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  10. Mar 6, 2006 #9

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

...such as?

11. Mar 6, 2006 #10
    Right. Aliens are going to give us nine spacecraft. You might as well give your loaded 9mm to a child!

12. Mar 6, 2006 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"It takes a lot of energy to reach the speed of light"

13. Mar 6, 2006 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here is the reporter mentioned - George Knapp
    http://www.ufoevidence.org/researchers/detail88.htm

Lazar does offer one other interesting bit of evidence. Allegedly, he told a number of people when and where they could see a UFO test over the Groom Lake area. I have seen the tape allegedly made at that time and it does show some fairly compelling video that seems to defy ordinary explanations, but there was no detail seen - just distant lights in the sky - and to my knowledge this video has never been analysed properly so it could easily be a good fake. Also, I have seen witnesses who claimed to have been present at the taping, but I have never seen them confirm his version of the story. In fact for a long time I didn't realize that Lazar and this video were supposed to be connected. AFAIK, only he has told this version of the story.

14. Mar 6, 2006 #13

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

One more thought here about Lazar. For him to look up some fact from a physics book such the "islands of stability" found in the higher elements, where one of these island includes element 115, which I assume is true as stated, that does not impress me. But if it could be shown by proper testing that he could do the physics and math needed to predict this island of stability, that would impress me. Talking about it means nothing beyond a little reading at the library or on the internet. Just look up a few obscure facts and then build the story around them. That's not so hard.

15. Mar 6, 2006 #14
    i find it odd that he actually runs a decent science supply store. non-crazy and everything.....unitednuclear.com

16. Mar 6, 2006 #15
    That is one of the things that is totally out of place if he is making it all up. How could he have known to take people to a certain spot and actually see something? It's pretty well documented that this really happened as he says it did to my knowledge. Seems to me he had to really be working there and doing more than cleaning the toilets to know in advance that there was going to be something to see on a certain night and also where to go to see it.

I have seen other videos from area 51 and some of that stuff looks pretty unexplainable to me and I have a good imagination.

Also, isn't it pretty much unproven that element 115 was actually created? Supposedly only 4 atoms were created, that's not much evidence.

17. Mar 6, 2006 #16
    access granted

18. Mar 6, 2006 #17
    Still, it's odd that that element hasn't been created yet. When it definitely is and it is unstable then we can all agree he is full of it. Until then he may be telling the truth. And that website is pretty slick regardless. I first saw it years ago and it is still impressive.

19. Mar 6, 2006 #18
    see my first post in this thread. it has been. either last year or the year before. i e-mailed bob about it when i found out. he never answered.

20. Mar 7, 2006 #19

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm I thought that the disk moved by bending spacetime and speed was not a factor.

21. Mar 7, 2006 #20

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, I can't help that. He makes this statement in his original interviews with Knapp. Listen to him discuss any topic in physics and you will find plenty of objectionable statements; well, that is if you know anything about physics beyond what Lazar claims.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?