Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Body Building

1. Jul 1, 2010 #1
    Hi myself Johny. My age is 24 years old and recently my weight is 55 KG. So that I want to know that exactly how much weight I want at this age???

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 1, 2010 #2
    What is your height?

4. Jul 1, 2010 #3
    @55 kg any height is too small assuming he isn't a midget.

Get eating some pies and pasta.

5. Jul 1, 2010 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

The appropriate weight depends on one's height. The mass of 55 kg would be appropriate for someone about 152 cm in height.

My height is about 174 cm, and at 24 my mass was approximately 75 kg, and it has been pretty constant over the last 40 years.

6. Jul 1, 2010 #5

Danger

Gold Member

Screw the charts. Do you feel healthy? What you weigh now was my comfort weight for more than 20 years. Then I ballooned up to 58. That suited my sedentary lifestyle quite well. When baseball season came around, I threw on a muscle or two that took me up to 60. Back to 58 when the season ended. While this was going on, I was 178 cm in height. Age has taken its toll, and I'm truncated to 173 cm.
    Okay... something about this thread makes we want to either burst into song or go and mate with someone. Since I can't sing... bye.

7. Jul 1, 2010 #6
    I think anyone can point him to a BMI calculator. They are all bollocks anyway.

Danger has the right approach, does he feel healthy.

8. Jul 1, 2010 #7

Evo

Soon, a new member with zero posts and the same IP address will appear to tell him about the best website on earth for this and post a link.

9. Jul 1, 2010 #8

Borek

And then whole thread will miraculously disappear.

10. Jul 1, 2010 #9

Evo

Correct.

11. Jul 1, 2010 #10

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Man rule #43:
    Your weight doesn't matter, so long as you can bench press more.

12. Jul 1, 2010 #11

Danger

Gold Member

Only in Dreamland. I'm pretty sure that I can shoot you before you can get me over your head. :rolleyes:

13. Jul 1, 2010 #12
    The USAF has a nice chart that is the recommended min-max body weight for any given height male and female.

http://www.afrotc.com/admissions/requirements-standards/physical/" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  14. Jul 1, 2010 #13
    Evo is psychic!!!!

Kidding put aside, the BMI is what matters more than absolute weight versus height. You need to take bone density, and overall frame into account.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  15. Jul 1, 2010 #14

Danger

Gold Member

And automatic weapons... Never forget that an Uzi beats a black belt any day. I like being skinny, fast, and heavily armed.

16. Jul 1, 2010 #15
    Errr, not sure how this became an issue of combat, as body-building usually seems to be cosmetic. Having said that, I prefer an M-40A1 rifle with a good scope, a ghillie suit, and plenty of cover.

17. Jul 1, 2010 #16

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you were stronger you could be more heavily armed.

Don't you know that having a larger chest means you can fit more grenades on your bandolier?

18. Jul 1, 2010 #17
    Hey, just look at Ahnold, in Predator... if you're big and Austrian enough you hack a minigun with your bare hands! True story! :rofl:

19. Jul 2, 2010 #18

Borek

Looks like I won't be accepted without a good meal.

20. Jul 2, 2010 #19
    Whew, I'm safe! At least I was safe...until I gave up on weight lifting a few weeks ago and started jogging instead. But maybe if I start lowering my weight like this, my diminished bench weight will still be OK.

I'm sure there's a continuity equation to describe what I'm doing.

21. Jul 2, 2010 #20
    And where will you go about finding a non-rep. one?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook