When Will the Boeing 787 Finally Take Flight?

• Boeing
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the 787 is a new type of aircraft that is made of composite materials. It has many new features that make it different from other airplanes, and it is hoped that it will be a success. The flight test process was delayed by two years, but everything is now going according to plan. I'm nervous about the possibility of problems, but I'm also excited for this new airplane.
PSS: Boeing has yet to verify its performance claims via flight testing yet. I'll be interested to see the real data.

Physics news on Phys.org
Cyrus said:
All right you two, go away! I have to do work. I'll continue this discussion tomorrow. :smile:
I'm still here. Dream up some justifications for your attacks against Boeing in the meantime. It will make tomorrow's frigid (0-15 deg) day a little more entertaining.

turbo-1 said:
I'm still here. Dream up some justifications for your attacks against Boeing in the meantime. It will make tomorrow's frigid (0-15 deg) day a little more entertaining.

Go away, I have a final tomorrow. Leave me be to study! I promise I will thrash you all day tomorrow. :wink:

Greg Bernhardt said:
I fly a lot and I don't want to step into some crazy state-of-the-art weird shaped plane. I want tried and true reliability.

Interesting comment, as this airplane is neither tried nor true for reliability.

Cyrus said:
Interesting comment, as this airplane is neither tried nor true for reliability.
Interesting viewpoint, since incremental improvements in previously certified and proven-safe aircraft seem to have served us well. Perhaps you have a better model?

7 pages of fanboydom in two days? C'mon, guys, it's an airplane, not a video card.

Locked pending moderation/cleanup.

<h2>1. When was the original launch date for the Boeing 787?</h2><p>The original launch date for the Boeing 787 was May 2008.</p><h2>2. Why has the Boeing 787 been delayed so many times?</h2><p>The Boeing 787 has faced numerous delays due to various technical issues and supply chain problems.</p><h2>3. What is the current scheduled launch date for the Boeing 787?</h2><p>The current scheduled launch date for the Boeing 787 is November 2021, after multiple delays and setbacks.</p><h2>4. How many test flights have been conducted for the Boeing 787?</h2><p>As of July 2021, the Boeing 787 has completed over 3,000 test flights.</p><h2>5. What are the major features and improvements of the Boeing 787?</h2><p>The Boeing 787 boasts many new features and improvements, including a more fuel-efficient design, larger windows, and improved cabin air quality.</p>

1. When was the original launch date for the Boeing 787?

The original launch date for the Boeing 787 was May 2008.

2. Why has the Boeing 787 been delayed so many times?

The Boeing 787 has faced numerous delays due to various technical issues and supply chain problems.

3. What is the current scheduled launch date for the Boeing 787?

The current scheduled launch date for the Boeing 787 is November 2021, after multiple delays and setbacks.

4. How many test flights have been conducted for the Boeing 787?

As of July 2021, the Boeing 787 has completed over 3,000 test flights.

5. What are the major features and improvements of the Boeing 787?

The Boeing 787 boasts many new features and improvements, including a more fuel-efficient design, larger windows, and improved cabin air quality.