Latex Tips: Bold Letters and Larger Fonts

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter tgt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex Tips
In summary, to make only a part of the text bold or a larger font in Latex, you can use the commands \textbf{} or \mathbf{} within a group. This will allow you to create bold or larger text for specific words or phrases without affecting the rest of the text.
tgt
How to do bold letters and larger font with certain words in Latex?

Physics news on Phys.org
\textbf (<-- use for a good reason)
\mathbf
\scriptsize \tiny \large \Large \huge \Huge \HUGE (<-- use for a very good reason -- the farther to the right you go, the better the reason should be :smile:)

CompuChip said:
\textbf (<-- use for a good reason)
\mathbf
\scriptsize \tiny \large \Large \huge \Huge \HUGE (<-- use for a very good reason -- the farther to the right you go, the better the reason should be :smile:)
When I do \Large for example, it makes everything large. But I just want a line to be large.

These size commands act within the group. To make only a part of the text a different size, just put it in its own group:
this is an example of {\Large a piece of large text while} this is small.

1. How do I make text bold in Latex?

To make text bold in Latex, you can use the \textbf{ } command or the \bfseries declaration before the text you want to make bold.

2. Can I change the font size in Latex?

Yes, you can change the font size in Latex by using the \fontsize{ }{ } command. The first argument specifies the font size and the second argument specifies the line spacing.

3. Is there a shortcut for making text bold and larger at the same time?

Yes, you can use the \textbf{\large } command to make text bold and larger at the same time. This will make the text larger than the normal font size.

4. How can I make specific words or phrases stand out in my document?

To make specific words or phrases stand out in your document, you can use the \emph{ } command. This will italicize the text and make it stand out from the rest of the document.

5. Can I combine different formatting commands in Latex?

Yes, you can combine different formatting commands in Latex. For example, you can use the \textbf{\large \emph{ }} command to make text bold, larger, and italicized at the same time.