Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bolt sizing

1. Nov 20, 2008 #1
    I need to spec out some bolts according to the NAS standard. The problem is that I only have the dimensions/specifications in ANSI format. Has anyone ever worked with NAS before? I can't find anything to help me figure out what size bolt I need.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2008 #2
  4. Nov 20, 2008 #3
    Yes, that is exactly the data I was looking for. Thanks a million!

5. Nov 20, 2008 #4

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I would highly recommend that if you are really spec'ing out any kind of NAS bolts that you get a hold of the actual spec, not a web site's pared down version that could be who knows how many revisions out of date. There are MANY types of fasteners covered by NAS specs.

6. Nov 21, 2008 #5
    Well, thus far the problem has been finding the comparable to NAS fastener to an ANSI hole call out. I have the call outs, I know the thread counts, diameters, etc, that I need. The problem is I couldn't find anywhere that would tell me what they were. They only list NAS 144-158, etc. No conversion chart or anything.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?