1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bolt sizing

1. Nov 20, 2008 #1
    I need to spec out some bolts according to the NAS standard. The problem is that I only have the dimensions/specifications in ANSI format. Has anyone ever worked with NAS before? I can't find anything to help me figure out what size bolt I need.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2008 #2
  4. Nov 20, 2008 #3
    Yes, that is exactly the data I was looking for. Thanks a million!

5. Nov 20, 2008 #4

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I would highly recommend that if you are really spec'ing out any kind of NAS bolts that you get a hold of the actual spec, not a web site's pared down version that could be who knows how many revisions out of date. There are MANY types of fasteners covered by NAS specs.

6. Nov 21, 2008 #5
    Well, thus far the problem has been finding the comparable to NAS fastener to an ANSI hole call out. I have the call outs, I know the thread counts, diameters, etc, that I need. The problem is I couldn't find anywhere that would tell me what they were. They only list NAS 144-158, etc. No conversion chart or anything.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook