1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Boltzmann collision term

1. Oct 30, 2011 #1
    Hello,

I'm working of the Boltzmann equation to simulate a partially ionized plasma, but I'm having troubles to solve the collision term. I'm using a splitting technique for the advection in the phase-space, but I'm quite stuck in the collision term. Any recommendations?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2012 #2
    If you are still interested in this problem maybe I could help. I have spent the last few weeks working with the boltzmann and fokker-planck collision operators. I take from your question that you are solving the collisional boltzmann equation and are having a hard time numerically solving the collision term? Maybe with a few more details on what it is that you are doing I could provide some suggestion.

In what way do you mean "splitting"? I have some ideas but I am not positive.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook