Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bono from U2 on Meet the Press: African aid

1. Jun 26, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Bono [Paul Hewson] from the Irish rock group U2, was on Meet The Press this morning. This guy handles himself extremely well. He has a vision and seemingly a very level headed approach to things. Really, as a first impression, he strikes me as a natural diplomat. You might be interested in the African aid program that he's representing. You can also read the interview with Rumsfeld [if you can stand it].
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032608/

Edit: Somebody does need to tell Bono to sit up straight. He was constantly leaning his head to the right, which about made me fall over. :biggrin:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2005 #2
    I suspect Bono's role in advocating help for Africa was instrumental in the U.S. and England agreeing to provide $600M in aid. He had been active on this topic/cause for almost a year. You have to tip your hat to him on his efforts and dedication to solving this problem.

4. Jun 27, 2005 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, and celebrity backed causes are now a cliche. But as you indicated, I also suspect that Hewson stands head and shoulders above the crowd.

Edit: Of course, :rolleyes: , the fact that he was on Meet the Press is a bit of a give away I guess. :redface:

5. Jun 28, 2005 #4
    What problem?

6. Jun 28, 2005 #5

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I totally admire Bono for his activism in making our world a better place, and of course the music he makes with U2. I had the privilege of seeing U2 in concert a few years ago, and he thanked us, the audience, for paying the outrageous fees that the ticket company tacks on to see them live. They put on an outstanding show, one that even a non-fan could appreciate.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?