1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Book according to my needs

1. Jan 5, 2016 #1
    Hello,
    I have been developping a kind of a machine that uses magnets and metal and things like that to produce an AC . But the probleme is that i cannot do it unless i am 100% sure it is gonna work properly so i want an engineering book for electromagnetics with some mechanics also for the gears and so on. I want all the maths included and with good details so i can be precise about what magnets to use and how to vary the magnetic flux ( and considere that i am in last year of high school and have a really good level in physics and maths so please give me something advanced) for now the probleme with it is :
    _i don't know the exact mesures
    _i don't know how the magnets will interact (magnets here are in the turbine)
    _and i don't know the maths for spinning a turbin and how to predict its speed after some forces apply to it (mostly because it is shaped as a fan)
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2016 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Sorry, there is no such book. You're going to have to learn the math separately first before you can tackle books like this. You'll probably also need to tackle Classical Mechanics in a separate book first.

4. Jan 5, 2016 #3
    I see
    Could you give me a list of books that i can do 1 by 1 to arrive to my goal please

5. Jan 5, 2016 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Tell us the math and physics you're comfortable with and at which level

6. Jan 5, 2016 #5
    Math:
    _Exponential
    _logarithmic equations ( Ln )
    _fonctions ( derivative integral symetry ...)
    _conics (parables ellipses ..)
    _numerical sequences
    _trigonometry ( including arcsin ...)
    _irrational equations
    Physics:
    _Newton's laws of motion
    _energy (mechanical .gravitational potential. kinetic .elastic potential)
    _momentum ( linear and angular)
    _oscillations
    _ 4 pendulums
    _ electromagnetic induction
    And by the end of the year i will have done much much more but thats for now

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted