1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculus Book for high school calculus

1. Jul 9, 2015 #1
    I am doing precalculus by 'Carl Stitz' and 'Jeff Zeager'. It's a pretty good book. Every tiny thing is touched and explained for a topic. I want a similar book for calculus for high school where every tiny detail is explained because i am learning calculus by myself.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2015 #2

verty

Homework Helper

I think you are from India and probably have little access to books. And the books you have access to like Apostol and Piskunov are totally wrong. Probably the only one any good that I think you will have access to is Lang's "A First Course in Calculus", also called "Short Calculus". It will have all the detail you need.

If you have good internet, I would recommend the MIT OCW course 18.01SC which is meant for high schoolers.

4. Jul 11, 2015 #3
    I would recommend Thomas Calculus. We used it in high school and it was comprehensive. It lists out all the theorems and examples are very detailed and thought-provoking. It is also used in half of the Ivy League schools (the other half use Stewart I believe). I was able to get a 5 on the BC exam largely due to using Thomas and exempt Calculus III using it as well. You can't go wrong with either Thomas or Stewart.

https://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Calcu...id=1436653823&sr=1-1&keywords=Thomas+Calculus

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted