1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Book for Statistical mechanics

1. Jul 10, 2013 #1
    I'm looking for a book on statistical physics. One's I've used already are Huangs Intro one and Sachs/Sens/Sexton. They're both great and the problems are great but neither provide answers nor are there any solutions to be found online so I have no idea if I understand the material.

Could someone suggest a book similar to these but with solutions available or even just answers? Or even better if someone knows of any online resource that has some solutions to the problems in either.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2013 #2
  4. Jul 10, 2013 #3
    R. Kubo's "Statistical Mechanics" (not the 2 volume "stat physics" series) has tons of worked and partially worked out problems, plus really good explanations, best one on the subject I've laid hands on IMO.

The one by Dalvit has problems exclusively and is good too, although hard to find/expensive.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted