1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Book Names

1. Aug 5, 2004 #1
    Hi, just wondering if anyone would happen to know of some good books on semiconductors/intro semiconductor physics. Any names would help a lot tnx.

Manu

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 6, 2004 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's Kittel and Ashcroft & Mermin to start you off on solid state physics. There's chapters in both that deal with semiconductors - this is probably a pretty good place to start.

Then there's Simon Sze's Physics of Semiconductor Devices and I like Davies' Physics of Low-Dimensional Semiconductors.

I've also read some of Bhattacharya's Semiconductor Optoelectronic Devices and thought that was okay.

There's one more text I used some years ago - can't remember the name...

4. Aug 6, 2004 #3
    Hey thnx so much Gokul i really appreciate it. I will search those books at either half.com or amazon. Have a great day.

Manu

5. Aug 6, 2004 #4

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

One of the better books out there is Fundamentyals of Semiconductors by Yu and Cardona. It assumes a fair amount of background knowledge but is a solidly written text that connects theory and experiment.

6. Aug 6, 2004 #5
    Hi, tnx for the help Doc, i will def. add to my order from amazon.

Manu

7. Aug 9, 2004 #6
    "Solid-State Physics, An introduction to principles of materials science", by Ibach and Luth is pretty good. The third ed. has good sections on semiconductor/physics.

JMD

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?