Well, this is a difficult reccomendation, as Energy is quite the broad topic.
But, for energy of our society, I find Smil's "Energies: An Illustrated Guide to the Biosphere and Civilization" to be very good. It goes in depth about the energy of natural food chains, the efficiency of human growth, the energy requirements of agriculture, and the terrible force of modern weapons, among hundreds of other subjects. It's not for the layman, however. I had difficulty understanding it for a while.
I'll think a bit more about this, see if I can come up with any other books.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving