Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Book: Punk Science

1. May 2, 2007 #1
    I was browsing a local bookstore a while back, and saw this book, but decided to not get it because I already had plenty of reading to do for my classes, but my girlfriend knew I wanted it so she got it for me for christmas. So I finally starting reading it the other day, and it really has me going already. It's intended purpose it seems is to prove there is a god by using quantum physics. It really points out some pretty incredible stuff. Just wondering if anyone else has strolled upon this book? Definately a great read...
  2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2007 #2
    Here is a summary I found online:

It seems like the book is more about new-age spirituality then it is about science. Black Hole Principle? My favorite part of the summary is the phrase "demonstrates the proof".
  4. May 2, 2007 #3

Gold Member

Sounds like a rerun of 'The Dancing Wu Li Masters'. :rolleyes:
  5. May 2, 2007 #4

Gold Member

My favourite part is

"...most scientists say that such phenomena are not possible, or "real"..."

No they don't. Most scientists simply say "show me".
  6. May 2, 2007 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sounds like a must read for any terminology wielding crack pot.
  7. May 2, 2007 #6

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Nah! This is Punk Science.
    Last edited: May 2, 2007
  8. May 2, 2007 #7
    Link not working.
  9. May 2, 2007 #8

I thought the scientology crackpots had already cornered that end of the market.
  10. May 2, 2007 #9

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I fixed it.
  11. May 2, 2007 #10
    maybe it should have been named Junk science. Lots of quirky paradoxical phenomenon that black holes and quantum riddles bring to the table, but it is no proof of God. On the contrary, the universe is becoming increasingly rational w/o one, so why duck and hide now?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?