Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Book suggestion stickies?

1. Mar 18, 2005 #1
    Just a suggestion, but why not include a stickie near the top of each forum that gives a list of the most commonly recommended books?

In just about every subject there are those classic well known books that everone seems to agree are the standard for that paricualar field. Is there some way to provide a listing for each forum on here that is easily accessible?

It's just that I see the question such as "what is a good book for such and such topic" come up all the time, and mostly the same names are thrown around each time. I think having such a list would save people a lot of time and be a big help to those who would like to get an idea of some of the books that are commonly referred.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2005 #2
    very saddening, this is the only thread here that has 0 replies :frown:

to the admin: I can't seem to delete the thread myself, so feel free to kill it whenever you like.

4. Mar 23, 2005 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good idea.

There, you have a reply. :biggrin:

Seriously though, we have a bunch of existing threads about book recommendations, but they aren't stuck to the top of any Forum. We also have the Book Review Forum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?