1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Book with problems about Torque

1. Aug 13, 2011 #1
    I have exam about Torque soon and I dont have where to study from since most of books dont get detailed with this subject in my class we are dedicating a great deal to it. I wish to know if anyone can tell me where can I find problems with the solutions and books that talk about torque. I tried serway and sears zemansky but they have almost like 10 vague problems about it. My teacher adviced me Bueches Physics for engeeniers but I wasent able to find the book online any recommendation and any advice on where can I find books or material about it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2011 #2
    Any advice? please

4. Aug 14, 2011 #3

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Why are you having an exam on torque if your book doesn't have any good info on it?

5. Aug 14, 2011 #4
    You won't find a whole book in torque or moments. It's not a big area, and doesn't take a lot to revise/learn anyway.

6. Aug 14, 2011 #5
    The exam would be about torque and other subjects but I cant solve all the practices and homeworks we had to do. I just hope to find a book that has some good problems about it The homework and practiced I had were nothing like what I have seen on Serway and Sears and those books only dedicate about 10 problems to torque which are nothing like the ones I have to solve. Im not looking for a book on torque just some reeference for a book that treats the subject with greater lenght than Serway and Sears since I cant get arround any of these problems from the homework on my own.

7. Aug 14, 2011 #6
    The teacher just gave us the subjects, she gave me a reference from Bueches Physics for scientists but I wasent able to find it anywhere. I tend to learn physics mainly by solving a lot of problems and I feel confident and confortable for the exam after that but im having a tough time thinking that there are no books that have good problems about torque. I need some reference please I have been downloading any physics textbook I was able to think about but I found nothing.

8. Aug 14, 2011 #7

Drakkith

Why can't you solve the problems from your book? What is it exactly that you are having a problem with?

9. Aug 15, 2011 #8
    That is a really good way to get good exam marks, but an absolutely terrible way to understand physical concepts.

You need to go teacher and say you don't understand the material, not look for more problems to solve.

10. Aug 15, 2011 #9
    I don't have a specific book in mind, but you might consider looking at books on Engineering Mechanics, rather than Physics, for a more detailed treatment of torque.

11. Aug 15, 2011 #10
    I ve solved all the problems about the subject on Serway and Sears Zemansky but there is a bigger gap between those problems and the ones im gaven in class.

12. Aug 15, 2011 #11
    That depends sometimes teachers put you on this situation where you have to study fast without having time to sit and have a good understanding of the material. On the other hand when I have a decend understanding of a subject then I feel that I fill gaps of the theory by solving all or most of the problems in the book.

13. Aug 15, 2011 #12

Drakkith

Ah ok I see. Well, I would suggest posting some of your problems in the Homework section and seeing if someone can help you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook