1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relativity Books about gravitational waves

1. Apr 4, 2017 #1
    Can someone recommend me some beginner/intermediate level books about gravitational waves and some articles about their discovery.
    I need to write scientific paper about them for my graduation but i don't have resources where to find about them so i would really appreciate help :)

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2017 #2

Demystifier

Science Advisor

4. Apr 5, 2017 #3

martinbn

Science Advisor

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  5. Apr 6, 2017 #4
    I like Misner, Thorne, and Wheeler's treatment of gravitational waves in their Gravitation. It's currently out of print, but there is a new printing being done later this year, and it is in a lot of university libraries, so it's easy to find to read if not to own right away.

6. Apr 6, 2017 #5

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Given the original post in this thread, and the post

in the New Member Introductions Forum, I think that Nik98 is about to graduate from high school.

7. Apr 7, 2017 #6
    Ah. MTW's Gravitation fits my normal definition of an "intermediate" textbook. In this case I suppose Schutz's A First Course in General Relativity would be better. I recommend it with the understanding that the OP will have to grow into it, referring back to it as more calculus is learned and applied over the course of the first few years of university.

8. Apr 7, 2017 #7

Demystifier

Science Advisor

For someone who just finished the high school and wants immediately to jump into general relativity, probably the best book is Collier
    https://www.amazon.com/Most-Incomprehensible-Thing-Introduction-Mathematics-ebook/dp/B008JRJ1VK
    The second edition ends with a chapter on gravitational waves.

9. Apr 7, 2017 #8
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted