What are the best books for Inorganic Chemistry for IIT-JEE preparation?

• Thread starter HIGHLYTOXIC
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books Chem
In summary, the conversation is about finding good books on inorganic chemistry for the IIT-JEE exam. The person asking for help is weak in inorganic chemistry and is looking for recommendations. Another person suggests some popular books and emphasizes the importance of understanding the periodic table.
HIGHLYTOXIC
Hi,

I am sorry if I have posted this thread in the wrong place, but I am looking for good books on Inorganic Chemistry..

I need to build up a good base of this branch of Chemistry coz I am quite weak at it..My organic chemistry is strong though...

Actually, I want a book on this topic for IIT-JEE (a top level Engineering entrance exam after completing skool)...

Can anyone suggest any?

Thanx a lot!

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Inorganic chemistry for engineering? I'm not too familiar with it. It you are referring to theories in inorganic chemistry there are many branches, nevertheless some of the more broader in topic are organicmetallic chemistry (some inorganic topics), general chemistry (many of the important theories in inorganic chemistry) and perhaps you should search for inorganic chemistry books on ebay.

-------
Online help with chemistry
http://groups.msn.com/GeneralChemistryHomework

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Highlytoxic...

Here's a list of books that are very popular for JEE prep out here:

1. IIT JEE Chemistry by OP Agarwal
2. Inorganic Chemistry by Dr. OP Tandon

If you are interested in Physical Inorganic Chemistry, you might want to check out Clyde & Day as a reference.

Eventually, for the JEE exam, you must know virtually all the material (the equations and the explanations) as the questions posed can be quite tricky and if you are lucky, they can be quite simple too :-D

Which books are you currently using?

To improve your foundation, a consistent course which teaches you a lot about the Periodic Table is very essential mate; so make sure you understand the Periodic Table in depth.

Cheers
Vivek

1. What is Inorganic Chemistry?

Inorganic chemistry is the branch of chemistry that deals with the study of inorganic compounds, their properties, and their reactions. It involves the study of elements and their compounds, excluding organic compounds (which contain carbon).

2. Why are books for Inorganic Chemistry important?

Books for Inorganic Chemistry are important because they provide a comprehensive and detailed understanding of the subject. They cover important concepts, theories, and applications, making it an essential resource for students, researchers, and professionals in the field.

3. What topics are typically covered in Books for Inorganic Chemistry?

Books for Inorganic Chemistry cover a wide range of topics, including atomic structure, periodic trends, chemical bonding, coordination compounds, transition metals, main group elements, and more. They also discuss the applications of inorganic chemistry in various fields, such as materials science, environmental science, and biochemistry.

4. How can I choose the best book for Inorganic Chemistry?

Choosing the best book for Inorganic Chemistry depends on your level of understanding and the topics you need to cover. Look for books that are well-written, have clear explanations, and include practice problems and examples. It is also helpful to read reviews and ask for recommendations from professors or peers.

5. Are there any online resources for Inorganic Chemistry?

Yes, there are many online resources for Inorganic Chemistry, such as websites, videos, and interactive simulations. These resources can supplement your learning and provide additional practice and explanations. However, books are still considered the most reliable and comprehensive source of information for Inorganic Chemistry.