1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Books I can read [astrophysics]

1. Apr 24, 2013 #1
    Hey i was posting to ask what type of books i can get to make me more knowledgable on the subject of astrophysics, it could be more general or very specific if you think its worth knowing please lead me to a book that explains. thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2013 #2
  4. Apr 29, 2013 #3
    Thank you I didn't know they had free books on the internet that you didn't have to steal

5. Apr 29, 2013 #4
    If there is a free version of that one, I'm not aware of it. I bought my copy.

6. Apr 29, 2013 #5
    Oh nvm its not free :/ thanks a bunch still I'm definitely going to get it

7. Apr 29, 2013 #6

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  8. Apr 29, 2013 #7
    I can recommend two books I did read and, most important, did learn a lot from them:
    - An introduction to modern astrophysics (Carroll and Ostlie), very expensive;
    - Fundamental astronomy (Karttunen et alli), almost budget

A third choice, perhaps the best one and for free, happens to be written in portuguese: http://astro.if.ufrgs.br/.

Best regards!

9. Apr 30, 2013 #8
    Thank you all I will look into these sources and get back to you with feedback

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted