Which Books Are Recommended for Learning General Math?

In summary, books on general math cover a wide range of topics including basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and statistics. They are suitable for all ages and skill levels, often including practice problems and explanations at varying levels of difficulty. While they can be used as a standalone resource for learning math, they are best used as a supplement to classroom instruction. Many of these books also include real-world examples and applications of math, making the material more engaging and relevant. Some may also come with supplemental materials such as practice worksheets or online resources.
Secular Angel
Do you all know of any great books that focus on general math? I'd like to begin reading voraciously into mathematics and such so what are they? The only one I can think of is Euclid's "The Elements".

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Not sure if you're still there but i think your best bet would to find your info on the net.

What level of instruction are we talking about? If K-12, I would suggest the books by John Saxon if you are trying to teach yourself the subject.

1. What topics are typically covered in books on general math?

Books on general math typically cover a wide range of topics, including basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and statistics. They may also include sections on problem-solving strategies and real-world applications of math.

2. Are these books suitable for all ages and skill levels?

Yes, books on general math are designed for a wide range of audiences, from students in elementary school to adults looking to refresh their math skills. They often include practice problems and explanations at varying levels of difficulty to accommodate different skill levels.

3. Can these books be used as a standalone resource for learning math?

While books on general math can be a great resource for learning math, they may not cover all the necessary material for a specific math course or curriculum. They are best used as a supplement to classroom instruction or as a refresher for those who already have a basic understanding of math.

4. Do these books include real-world examples and applications of math?

Yes, many books on general math include real-world examples and applications to help readers understand the practical uses of math in everyday life. This can make the material more engaging and relevant to readers.

5. Are there any supplemental materials or resources that come with these books?

Some books on general math may come with supplemental materials such as practice worksheets, online resources, or answer keys. These can be helpful for additional practice and reinforcement of the material covered in the book.